While the Ninja Cooking System is a great tool for preparing main dishes, it is also very capable of handling side dishes as well. This is important because if you are like me and love cooking large meals for lots of people you understand the pain that comes with an over crowded stovetop. The Ninja has a real advantage over crock pots because it has stovetop settings that allow you to cook things you would normally cook on the stovetop in the Ninja itself. Here’s one of my favorite side dishes–braised fingerling potatoes.
- Yield: 5-6 servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Braised Fingerling Potatoes
I had some fingerling potatoes in the fridge so I thought I would try braising them in beef broth to give them some extra flavor. Braising is such a great way to cook these because the flavor of the broth really penetrates into each potato giving it a full flavor with every bite. I also love this recipe because is ridiculously simple and doesn't require a lot of attention. Enjoy.
- Scrub potatoes and slice lengthwise
- Add potatoes, broth and garlic to Ninja (or pan) on high heat until it begins to boil
- Reduce to simmer and cook for 20 minutes (or until broth is nearly gone)
- Add butter while there is a small amount of broth left. This will thicken into a light sauce
- Add to serving bowl and add green onion