Beef roast and the Ninja Cooking System are a match made in heaven. I have to admit that I was running a bit short on time so I decided to sear the roast using a regular pan despite the searing ability of the cooking system. I find that while it is able to tackle the job, it takes a bit longer to heat up to searing temperature and I didn’t have much time to wait.
As with other “slow cook” recipes the awesome part about this is being able to do a little work up front and let it work its magic during the day while you are away. I made this on a Sunday and was able to enjoy a nice day at the park and running errands with the kids. Coming home to an amazing aroma and a meal waiting to be served is truly bliss.
Tip: beware, slow cookers are also easy to forget, so if you aren’t sure you will be back right on time I suggest setting it to 7 hours. The cooking system will turn itself to its auto warm setting which will keep it warm without drying out.
- Yield: 6-8 Servings
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 8h 00 min
Pot Roast in Slow Cooker
- Cut off excess fat from roast
- Season liberally with salt and cracked pepper
- Sear on all sides in pan or Ninja Cooking System with some olive oil
- Add veggies to Ninja Cooking System along with broth
- Set to low under "slow cook" settings
- Put the roast on top and cook for 7-8 hours