Taco night! Who doesn’t love tacos?
Tacos are definitely a family favorite. Dinner is done and my kids are enjoying building their taco to their taste, trying to stuff the perfect balance of flavors inside. Typically we have ground beef tacos because they are quick and easy, but I’m here to tell you that those days are officially over. These tacos are so incredibly easy to put together and the taste is so much better that this will definitely be our go to recipe moving forward. Using a slow cooker really allows me to develop deep flavors that just wouldn’t be possible after getting home from work and putting something together.
We used small flour tortillas this time, but you could use hard or soft corn tortillas or even make a burrito. The meat is the clearly the star so feel free to experiment and see what you like best. Try pairing these with my Drunken Cilantro Rice Recipe which makes for a perfect pairing.
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours minutes
Slow Cooker Beef Carnitas
- Flank Steak - 2 lbs
- Bell Peppers - 1 Green and 1 Red, chopped finely
- Sweet Yellow Onion - 1 medium sized, chopped finely
- Jalepeno - 2 chopped (remove seeds)
- Rub Ingredients
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Garlic Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Onion Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Cayenne Pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - 1.5 tsp
- White Pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Optional Toppings
- Avocado - Sliced
- Lime - Squeeze on for extra flavor
- Cilantro - Chopped
- Combine all ingredients for the spice rub and apply generously to both sides of the flank steak.
- Place steak in slow cooker
- Add all of the other ingredients
- Cook on low for 7 hours
- Use two forks to shred the beef. This will also mix in the vegetables in the process.
- Cook on low for 1 hour
Add to Favourites